Import bonds, Cargo Insurance, Direct Filing, HTS Classification by TRG
Contact Us | Login | | My Account

Trade Risk Guaranty is an industry’s expert in U.S. importing solutions located in Bozeman Montana 59718

Customs Bond, Shipping Insurance, Direct Filing, HTS Solutions from TRG

Canadian Based Companies

Q. What is a U.S. Customs import bond?
Canadian-based companies that ship goods over the U.S./Canadian border, and maintain control of the goods either themselves or through their agents, are considered to be “importing” goods into the United States. As the consignee/owner/recipient of the goods on the United States side of the border, the Canadian-based company is responsible to file an import bond with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Q. If I am a Canadian Based Company, then why do I need a U.S. Customs Bond?
Trade Risk Guaranty is proud to serve many Canadian Based Companies. We know that your shipments are very important to you and we have created this page with lots of helpful tips for importing!
All U.S. Customs bonds are financial guarantees between 3 parties: the Insurance/Surety company issuing the bond, the Principal (who is required to file the bond), and Customs & Border Protection (CBP). The bond guarantees Customs & Border Protection that if they can not collect monies due from the Principal they can seek remedy, up to the bond amount, from the Insurance/Surety company. The bond also indemnifies the Insurance/ Surety company, allowing them to use any legal means to collect from the Principal any monies that were paid to CBP on the Principal’s behalf.
Q. Do I still need a Customs broker if I purchase the bond from TRG?
A. TRG does not replace your broker, we just provide the bond directly, which in most cases, will save you money.
Q. I’ve sent goods to the U.S. before; do I already have a bond?
You might not know if you have a bond on file, as it is usually just a line item on your statement from your broker. If you provide TRG with your U.S. Customs Assigned Importer Number we can run a “bond query” through the U.S. Customs database in order to determine if you have a bond and when your bond renews annually.
Q. I’ve never sent goods to the U.S. before; what is the procedure to get this bond?
Canadian-based companies that are bringing goods over the border for the first time must first apply for a U.S. Customs assigned “Importer Number” by filing a 5106 form. TRG will do this for you at no additional charge if you purchase the import bond from us as well. Next, upon underwriting approval of a completed import bond application, TRG will file the continuous bond for you expediently and accurately, allowing you to be functional at the very earliest time possible.
Canadian Flag
What is Direct Filing? Watch a Direct Filing demo. About TRG Phone: (800) 685-6082
What is Importer Security Filing? Calculate my Direct Filing savings. Press Room Fax: (406) 922-6501
What is a Customs bond? Get a Quote for Shipping Insurance. Careers Customs Bonds FAQs
Is an annual Cargo Insurance for me? Apply for a Customs bond. Newsletter Sign Up Cargo Insurance FAQs
What does it cost to Direct File? Terms and Conditions Direct Filing FAQs
Canadian Companies click here TRG Testimonials HTS Classification FAQ
Site Map
TRG Bond TRG Direct TRG Marine TRG Classify TRG Consult TRG Freight
Connect with TRG
Find TRG on Linkedin Find TRG on Facebook Find TRG on G+ Find TRG on Twitter Find TRG on Youtube
Trade Risk Guaranty (TRG) Brokerage Services LLC is a licensed insurance agency, having agency agreements with Hanover Insurance Company of Worcester, Massachusetts and Hudson Insurance Company of New York, New York, both of which are insurance companies approved by the Department of the U.S. Treasury to issue U.S. Customs bonds.

Trade Risk Guaranty BBB Business Review